17Capital is delighted to sponsor Epic Foundation Live 2020: Social Impact is driven by innovation. Hear from Epic portfolio’s CEO’s on the trends they are testing and setting.
Social Impact is driven by innovation
Using inefficient solutions to try to solve old problems, just does not work anymore. Join us as we explore how innovation is critical in driving strategic programming.
For one hour, this live session will feature exclusive interviews from Epic portfolio CEOs who will share more on the trends they’re testing and setting, followed by your chance to ask questions.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Kimbal Musk
Kimbal Musk is a chef, restauranteur, philanthropist and an Epic Ambassador. His personal mission is to pursue an America where everyone has access to real food. Kimbal Musk has been named Global Social Entrepreneur by the World Economic Forum.
He is the Co-Founder and Executive Chairman of The Kitchen Restaurant Group, Big Green, and Square Roots.
He also sits on the board of Tesla, SpaceX, and Chipotle.
PANEL 1: Integrating Youth in the Work that Serves Them
A spotlight on the key role of youth as strategic stakeholders in organizational design, operations, and leadership.
- Hosted by Kate Riordan, Chief Programs Officer at Epic.
- John MacPhee, Executive Director & CEO of the US mental health organization, JED Foundation.
- Hillary Omala, President of the holistic community based organization Carolina For Kibera in Kenya.
- Melissa Johns, Executive Vice President of Pivotal, a California based organization empowering foster youth.
PANEL 2 – Narrowing the Digital Divide: Enhancing Access to Education
Focus on the role of technology in accelerating access to education and reducing inequity amongst students.
- Hosted by Jennifer Xu, US Head of Development at Epic.
- Joel Rose, Co-founder and CEO of the innovative EdTech organization, New Classrooms.
- Anne-Marie Canning, CEO of the UK college access organization, The Brilliant Club.